Sunday, November 1, 2009

I cannot tell you how much I love CHANGE.

I have decided to make some big changes for next semester, and sooner

1.) I am dropping Entrepreneurship. I try hard, I study (although admittedly, not as much as I would like.) and I still struggle to get the grades I want. I have another class that I can apply for that credit, so I don't have to retake it or anything. I'd just be out the money - which really sucks - but it's the right choice when it comes to my GPA.

2.) After Christmas, I am going to resign as senator. This takes up the most of my time/energy/effort and I can't afford it anymore. I feel horrible for quitting the position I was elected to do, but I have to consider my future. (See below.) It's a great leadership opportunity, but it's not at all relevant to my degree.

3.) I am going to apply to be on the yearbook staff - but with limited involvement. Enough to prove what I know, but not enough to go crazy. This is because I want to apply to be Editor-in-Chief of the Houstonian yearbook. Which by the way is a PAID position, and a senator is not. Also, it's exactly what I want to do.. so it's a much better position careerwise. Also, if Aij gets to be the Managing Editor - can you say perf?!?! I can! (PERF!!!)

3.) Phi Lamb might not work out, this is a long story, but I'm not sure it's the right time for it at UH right now.. We'll see.

4.) Still working 2 days a week, but it's Wed/Fri, so it's going to be difficult for the beginning of the week. However, Tues/Thurs I only have one class, so if I'm not yearbooking, I can be working remotely. (I <3 GoToMyPC)

5.) I am SO excited about Christmas Break, and beyond. No school, Christmas Cruise, and a new beginning next year with school, and Daniel and I's FOUR YEAR anniversary!! I can barely believe it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not happy @ number two, but if it makes you happy I GUESS I'll take it :p

Unknown said...

Also not going after Managing editor. I thought about it, and it's not really something that I want to do because of something else.