Sunday, October 18, 2009

Updation

This past week was a hard week to try to transition into my simplified life: Midterms.

So, I can't really say that I have succeeded in "slowing down" because with so much that I really did have to do last week, it was hard to catch my breath. However, I have a much better attitude about everything and I have said no about things. (eeeee!)

This next week is looking rather bright. I am finalizing my design work for the new SGA website, so that burden will be lifted. I don't have an SGA meeting this week. By the end of the week I will be caught up 100% on my Graphic Productions class (*for sure*) and entrepreneurship (*crossing fingers*). I think I have a good chance of raising my GPA this semester. I just really have to stay on top of entrepreneurship because it's online. I'm usually so over-organized about online classes and for some reason I just can't get the hang of it with this one.

Saturday was one of the best days I have had in a longggggg time. It's proof that my attitude truly has changed because I actually got in a car accident, but I can still say I had an amazing day.

Daniel, Aijah, and I (and Lucy) went to UH to paint an 8 foot tall cougar cut-out for the Homecoming Competition. The theme was cartoons, and we were painting ours to represent SGA. So, I thought, since SGA empowers students, Popeye would be a good idea because he's strong. Power, strong... get it? Soooo, I have to say, it turned out great. It is the perfect combo of a cougar with popeyes face.



But, we had to pick up some more paint from Hobby Lobby and while on the feeder of 610, I got in an accident! It wasn't my fault though, and my car is drivable, so it's all good. I'll just wait to fix it until I get the money from their insurance. I was driving in the left most lane of the feeder and the girl I hit was trying to get across the other 2 lanes of traffic. She said she couldn't see because of the cars in the lanes beside mine, but she didn't have an answer of why she kept going when she "couldn't see." The cop said she failed to leave a stop sign safely, but didn't issue her a ticket. It's all good in the neighborhood though.





In addition, both Aijah AND Daniel spilled their entire large drinks from Whataburger in my car. Awesome. (Unbelievably, this is unrelated to the accident.. it happened prior.)

Also, our wonderful cougar might get disqualified because we're not sure the paper work was turned in correctly. We will SO disappointed if that happens. But, we'll see.

We had a really good, really fun dinner at Outback Steakhouse. and then went to see Couples Retreat which was SOO funny!

So, I feel great. I had a great weekend, my room is cleaner. Not perf yet, but it's getting there. I think I need a bigger desk or something. I keep running out of room for stuff.

Ready for a good week,
K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Je shouhait que Blogger sois a une "aime" buttion.
(I wish that Blogger had a "like" button.)