Monday, October 12, 2009

I. Don't. Have. To. Say. Yes. To. Everyone.

Please note that this is not meant to be complaints. It's not meant to to be a laundry list of how busy I am. It's definitely not supposed to be anything negative. It's more an inventory of my life, what I need to do to get back on track, and calm down, and let other people do stuff..in other words, don't feel obligated to read if you don't want to.

So this weekend was Flawless Weekend. I'll be completely honest and say that I told everyone that I didn't want to go - more specifically, that I was too busy to go. Well, let's just say that God knows how to put me in my place! Going in with a semi-bad attitude, I made the best of it. (It was really fun though, even though I was grumpy on the inside.) The focus was on the masks girls wear to cover themselves up and hide from their flaws and sins. Molly and Jamie gave a hilarious end of the weekend wrap-up speech. I felt like during the part they talked about being too busy they were speaking directly to me. I haven't been sleeping right, I haven't felt healthy in awhile, I've been stressing about everything I "have" to do, when in reality, I think it's just me trying to tell myself that I'm important. I think that I am (was) so worried about what people would think the reason was that I moved home and ignore the REAL reason, that I had to try to make up for it with "stuff" to fill my schedule. Now, don't get me wrong, I love all the things I am involved in, and have a true passion for all the things I committed to. But, I really need to calm down, stop saying "yes, sure!" to everyone, suck it up, and settle down with my activites. My grades are somewhat affected, and that bothers me a lot. Not as much as me "not having time" to read my Bible though. That's a sorry excuse for overscheduling yourself because time is static. You cannot "make time" like people say. You have the same exact number of minutes every day. It's up to you what you do with them. So: here's my new simplified life. Bold is set in stone pretty much, the unbold is somewhat flexible.

MONDAY:
9-11: graphics lecture
11-12: lunch
12:30-1:30: work out
2:00-4: homework in the mac lab, or meetings.
4-5:30 organizational leadership
5:30-8: dinner, study more, meetings, etc.
8-9:30: sigma phi lambda meetings
10:30: home, hopefully.
11:00: bedtime, or free time, crossing fingers I get to bed by 12.

TUESDAY:
9-6ish: work.
6-12: meetings at school, homework, in bed by 12 at the latest.

WEDNESDAY:
9-12: graphics lab
12-1: lunch
1:30-2:30: work out
3:00-5:30: homework in the mac lab, or meetings.
5:30-7:00: human resources
7:30-10ish: (every other week) SGA meeting
10:30: home hopefully
11:00: bedtime, or free time, crossing fingers I get to bed by 12.

THURSDAY:
9-6ish: work.
6-8: (every other week) IGAEA meeting
8:15-12: meetings at school, getting home, homework, in bed by 12 at the latest.

FRIDAY:
9-3: digital photography lab & lecture, lunch somewhere in between
4-5: work out
5:30-6:15: driving home (it's friday and takes forever.)
WEEKEND!

1 comment:

milillo fam said...

ok, so i am pretty sure you are a version of me!! i was reading your post just nodding along because I FEEL YA, SISTER!! let me know if you need any help with anything!!