Sunday, October 18, 2009

Top 3

The top three pieces of advice I have ever been given:

  1. Never stop looking for a job. Even if you have what you think is your "dream job." This doesn't mean you have to keep actively submitting your resume everywhere, but just keep an open mind, and keep on the lookout. A better fit may be around the corner, but you might miss it if your eyes are closed to new opportunities.
  2. Scholarships don't pay for people to get B's. This won't be relevant for me forever, but for now, it's very motivating to know that someone paid for me to go to class, do my homework, and take my education seriously. B's aren't enough.
  3. Always leave one piece of food after eating with someone who made you dinner. That way, they know that you liked it, but also that they served you enough and you're not leaving hungry.

No comments: