Friday, September 11, 2009

sleepytiredfatigued

I feel like I am always constantly tired and literally fighting to keep my eyes open. This is a sign of anemia, they say. Maybe I should start taking vitamins.

In other news, I am getting so involved on campus (and in life, I guess) this year.
  • I'm a senator. This requires bi-weekly meetings, but it's so much more than that. I'm co-chair of the Student Savings Program Task Force. That's going well, but it is kind of frustrating because I kind of feel like I'm not getting much response from other senators that want to participate. But it will be okay. There is also talk about me doing the SGA website, which I would LOVE. Also, I am up for nomination at the next meeting to be the new Vice Chair for the Student Life Committee because the other one (I can't even remember his name..) quit SGA last week.
  • I'm the Secretary for IGAEAUH. (International Graphic Arts Education Association @ UH) This also requires bi-weekly meetings. I'm really trying to keep up with being involved with them because it's a great prep for my career and the people are really cool. Also, I really really want to be President next semester so I need to present myself as a good, organized, effective leader.
  • I am also thinking about joining Sigma Phi Lambda, a Christian sorority. I'm not big into sororities, but I think that joining would be great for me spiritually. I don't have a big sphere of Christian influence in my life except for Sunday mornings and Daniel. And even then, I'm teaching on Sundays and honestly - Daniel and I have a lot of work to do in our spiritual relationship. (Don't think too much into this - we're doing just great, but I think we need to be even more God-centered and even more spiritually connected.) So, I have to create it. I need accountability.
  • I am also trying to get involved with Cougars for Kids. I have a big break between my classes from 12-5:30 and would love to get involved in something worthwhile like helping at-risk elementary kids or sick kiddies at one of the hospitals in the TMC. Once I move home I will literally be stuck on campus during that time and there is only so much working out and studying I can do! So I think that would be great, and SO rewarding.
  • Apparently I was also signed up to teach a Point group on Mondays, so that's cool.
  • I also work Tuesday and Thursdays all day.
  • And as I mentioned before, my classes this semester are intense and require a LOT of work.
BUT, I'm kind of concerned that I'm spreading myself too thin. I mean, I love being busy. I thrive on being busy, actually. But there is a thing as "too much." I do have the weekends off to study/sleep/chill, but still. I might have to give some of these things up. We'll see!

No comments: