Saturday, September 5, 2009

Picnik

It's weird when I log in to blogger (through Google <3) and it says I've only made 7 posts. I feel like I've made a lot more. But, whateverrr.

I'd like to talk about Picnik.com. It's amazing. Now, I've always been partial to my trusty Photoshop, and granted, I still am because it can do much more than this website can. But, when you want something easy, fast, and practical - this hits the center of the target without even aiming. You upload your pictures and can mess with saturation, brightness, contrast, etc. but they also have some pretty cool edits that without a graphic designer's mentality, you'd just leave out. Plus it's inspirational for us graphics peeps. I haven't even upgraded to premium and I think it's great. But, premium has even more features and best of all it is SO cheap compared to the incredibly pricey Adobe Photoshop.

I'd also like to mention Apple Aperture. It's pretty freakin awesome as well. It's much more advanced than iPhoto, and is a great content manager if you've got thousands of photographs like I do.

I need to get another external hard drive. I want a portable one. It still hurts to think about the other one getting stolen - but ehh, that's just life happening around me I guess!

I'm going to go back to Katy now with a loaded car so this whole "moving" thing can go as smooth as possible. I really don't want to go. Yesterday when I was cleaning out my closet and packing it up I just sat there for a moment thinking how much it sucks to have to go. I don't want to leave. For the first time during this whole ordeal, it was incredibly hard to convince myself that what I am doing is worth it. But, after a couple minutes, the "smart thing to do" thoughts did come back, and I sucked it up and started packing again. Sacrifice is a hard lesson learned, let me tell you.

<3

No comments: