Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two Blogs in Two Days?! Whaaat?

Yep. I am totally into this now. Blogging is freaking awesome.

I have decided that Daniel is so right when he taught me how anger works. I am not the type of person to get angry often - maybe only a few times in my entire life I would say I've ever been "angry." But frustrated - well, that's a different story. I tend to be a complainer (which isn't good either) and a person that gets easily frustrated. I think it's because I (first) tend to be controlling and OCD. If things don't go perfect, I feel like I'm failing. Which is really not a good quality to have I think because rarely ever do things go absolutely perfect. But, as opposed to I used to think, there isn't a big difference between frustration and anger. Anger is more escalated, yes, but both are really just letting things that happen (that you cannot control) take you over and you make yourself upset. So, when your co-worker tells you "you have a really bad memory and don't know what really happened" or when your boss tells you to do dishonest things and gets frustrated because you "make his job harder" when you refuse to do them or when the same co-worker seriously does not understand how to make a business run efficiently just by simply doing his freaking job, you should not get mad about these things because they are outside of your control. All you can affect is your reaction to the circumstances that come your way. I could go on and on, but it's not worth it because that also would be letting the people of this world and their crazy non-loving ways get to me. But that's not who I'm called to be.

I need to be agape to all people at all times. Even when (especially when) they don't deserve it - because that's what Christ would do, and that's what He did for me.

Love, Peace, and Chickengrease. <3

P.S. I am totally loving this new background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Said coworker really has a lot of things to work through. Said coworker is probably dealing with some really bizzare insecurities and he probably treats you the way he does because something about being told what to do by a WOMAN who is YOUNGER and perhaps more competent, probably drives him to a level of insanity that he cannot come back from.

However, it's not his place to treat you as he does, and even as I see it, it offends me. I believe you know exactly how to stand up for yourself and in the correct way. Everyone you meet, or work with, or dance with is put in your life to teach you something about yourself. I think he is your lesson on frustration; he's an interesting one to overcome.

I hope it all gets better. If not, I'm there with my brass nozzles to back you up :)