Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm feelin' it now.

So, after getting most of my syllabi (or syllabuses according to Mila and AP style) and putting all the due dates, papers, exams, and reading assignments on my calendar, I've decided that this semester might be the death of me. I might croak over just thinking about it. Each week, I have to complete so many assignments it's ridiculous! And tests? WHY are they all clumped together?? My goodness. ANDDDD I haven't even been to been to my Friday photography class!!

But, I have strong motivation to do well because last semester was really bad. I think it was a mixture of me being in a new major, figuring out my finances, and a LOT of stress at work. My grades weren't near failing, but they definitely went down. Those last couple weeks were so grueling and awful - I never want to find myself there again. I guess it was my own fault maybe for procrastinating - but it's a terrible feeling. So overwhelming.

Although, I am off to a good start. I've done everything I can without my textbooks. I wish they would come faster. I do have one assignment I can do with InDesign, but I have CS2 on my computer and it's nothing compared to CS4 (amazing!) we have at school. Still, it needs to be done and I'll probably end up doing it at home. (Side note: I calibrated my MacBook for graphic arts, it's wonderful. Thank you, Dr. Waite.) All the work I need to do isn't hard. It's just a lot of reading, answering questions, a TON of papers, and just.... work. I DO however see a 4.0 as possible, but it'll take a lot of work to get there. But still that is my goal.

I got the C.S Lewis book I talked about yesterday, too!

I'm reading Phillipians again - and loving it!

And it seems that I really miss blogging. In 10th grade (can you believe it - 6 years ago!) I began my blog life on xanga. I never want to delete those entries either - they're kind somewhat painful because sometimes I sounded so stupid, but that's who I was back then - and I'm a sucker for sentiment. I'd like to print them all out or something - just to make sure I can keep them. A lot of it is disguised writing about Daniel and how much I liked him. hahaha. Funny how things work out, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is weird to know that you've been blogging for so long.