Monday, August 31, 2009

OMG

I
HAVE
A
DIGITAL
SINGLE
LENS
REFLEX
DIGITAL
CAMERA!

I have waited so long to say that. I woke up smiling today.. I can't tell you how long I have spent on the computer researching and looking at pictures and reviews of DLSRs. AND I FINALLY HAVE ONE! (Thanks to my mom for pushing me to just finally do it. And thanks to Best Buy for 18 months interest free financing. And thanks to Aijah and Daniel for listening to me blab on and on for like, 2 years about how amazing these things are.)

BUT IT'S MINEEEEE! AHHH

AND I went to go buy boxes (to move home) today at ProGaurd Storage and got to talking to the lady there working at the counter. She has some pomeranian puppies she's trying to sell but all the pictures she takes come out blurry and looking bad. I started talking to her about shutter speeds and stuff and told her about DLSRs and everything and I just might have my first photography job!! I could not be happier. Well that's kind of sad if a material object can make me this happy. But... you know what I mean! haha (pics at the bottom)

Also, Molly is really sick still. Praying for her.
Also also, Aijah's sister was the victim of a drunk driving accident. Two of her friends died, she's in ICU, spent 10 hours in surgery, and they're just not sure what's going to happen. Please, please pray for her, but also for her dad (Aijah's stepdad) as he is going through a really hard time too. She was supposed to start her first year of college today.

Also, school is intense right now. This semester is so much work, as I've talked about before. But also, I figured out that I might have to graduate a semester late. I have homework to do right now, so I'll be writing about this probably tonight.

I think I've stopped farming. It was really fun while it lasted though.

first picture ever!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the acknowledgement of my step-sister. Things will look up I think.

Thank you also for posting pictures from your DSLR (which is aptly named...never knew). I'm glad you're excited about your purchase!

Jamie said...

So proud of you!! I am happy you have joined the DSLR club! It's a very fun club to be a part of! ;-)

Also I will pray for your friend. I know about car accidents and the pain they bring. Even though my brother is alive...it was touch and go for a long time.

Katie said...

thanks Jamie!

and thanks for the prayers too - I'm glad your brother is ok. I've looked at the website you made him a couple times and it's remarkable to read the progress he's made. =)