Sunday, January 17, 2010

We're engaged!

So I found out the that good news travels faast through a good friend called Facebook. Within minutes of updating my statud from my cell phone, I was getting phone calls and text messages and FB Mobile updates every second! Haha. 

So Wednesday, the 13th, was our 4 year anniversary. A couple months ago, there was talk about a ring. It was in the works, and I somewhat knew about it. I didn't know when, or how but I knew it was getting sooner and sooner. However, a couple weeks ago, I was informed that the money that was set aside for it, hadn't come through as planned. (Gotta love college finance offices, right?) So of course, I was bummed, but know that whatever God's will is what is going to happen. All along, I kind of felt like our anniversary would be the day he would propose, because it just makes sense. But, then the whole money thing happened. And, we share a bank account now, so if suddenlt a lotttt of money just went missing - I would totally notice.  However, I was realllyyyyyy off base... nice to be wrong this time!

So we planned to go out to Grand Lux, which is our favorite restaurant. Daniel always gets the filet mignon, and I get Pasta Carbonara. (Which totally WRECKED the diet this week - but whattttteverrrrr.) Before dinner I gave him my gifts. I got him work out pants for the cold since he has been complaining of freezing shins when he goes to the gym, haha.. and some work out shoes, casual shoes, a new wallet, and a snuggie. Now, the snuggie was a JOKE gift - but he liked it the most it seems!! Haha! But, my gifts SOO don't even matter compared to HIS!!

We eat dinner and all of a sudden he decides it's time for me to open my gifts. I open the first on and it's a beautiful engagement sculpture of a guy proposing to a girl and putting the engagement ring on her finger.


He says something along the lines of "I saw this and I just thought it was perfect and I had to get it for you. We can get it engraved with the date I get to propose to you. I'm sorry that couldn't be tonight." So I LOVE it, its beautiful - but honestly I was a little sad because it just reminded me of everything that messed it up. Supposedly.

The next gift I open is a cuuuute Bible. It's for teen girls, but I love it. It's pink and brown and soo adorable. I open the box and see that it's engraved with "Katie Moreno." I think it's so cute that he put his last name instead of mine! It was supposed to tip me off to what's inside, but I totally didn't get that. So he goes on to say that it's bookmarked to my favorite love verse, 1 Corinthians 13:4 and that since it's our anniversary I should read it. As I opened the Bible to the page, I saw my BEAUTIFUL ring tied to the ribbon bookmark and he says, "Oh yea, one more thing - Will you marry me?!"

Of course, I freak out and can't even talk. My eyes start watering and I'm totally at a loss for words. He slips the ring on my finger and finally tell him "YES!" The table of about 15 people next to us start clapping and the whole restaurant catches on and starts clapping. People are peeking over the booth to see what's going on. The waiter came by and bought us free strawberry shortcake ice cream dessert that said "Congrats" on the side.


 

 
 
^^ Before we left - notice - NO RING! ^^


There's one last part to his SPECTACULAR gift - Engagement Pictures!! We have to set up a time with Jamie and Molly for some snazzy new pictures!

All else I can really say is that I love Daniel. I think it's obvious, but I am absolutely elated about this next step in our relationship. A big influence of my decision to follow Christ was seeing the difference in couples at church. People had parents who weren't divorced. There were couples who held hands at church and look like they've been together probably 50+ years. It's a much different picture than what society painted for me. It's different than what my parents showed me. I believe I have truly found the one for me, for always - and I know it's because I trust God with my life, and my loves. I believe we'll be that elderly couple holding hands at church in many many years. Together forever, baby!

There's nothing like this feeling. I can't (and don't want to) shake it off. It was SO worth the wait. I encourage everyone who has not found Mr. Right yet - wait for him. Don't waste your time on meaningless relationships and quick flings - if you're meant to be with someone - that someone will come.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I can't wait until the wedding!

Anonymous said...

The Lyford Cay School serves as a community resource in favour of intercontinental and Bahamian families. Lyford Cay School offers a acme standard Nursery entirely Piercing Creed education. To the core a multi-cultural circumstances that promotes understanding amongst diverse nationalities, students are provided with the opportunities and resources to develop cross-cultural learners and guilty citizens. Lyford Cay Clique is an undecided, non-denominational, day school. The university is a non-profit-making entity governed near a Board of Directors.

http://lyjehomexe.wordpress.com/
http://hymabo.wordpress.com
http://axofitoqad.wordpress.com/
http://ujojeby.wordpress.com/